Visit Scribd to download a PDF version of my resume.
VIDEO DESCRIPTION: Resume – Social Media Manager – Thank you for viewing my video cv. Please scroll down for information on opportunities I have a particular interest in. As promised in the video, here are links to my resume and other relevant information.
Resume of a Social Media Manager, Community Manager and Video Producer
Jim Stroud / Atlanta, GA / email@example.com / 404-939-5752
Social Media Development Manager / Trainer / Public Speaker / Online Community Manager
Jim Stroud has an expertise in Internet Research, Community Management and Social Media that has been leveraged heavily in the area of Education, Recruiting and Competitive Intelligence. In addition to that, he is an accomplished Blogger, Public Speaker and Trainer. Furthermore, as a recognized voice in the recruiting community he has been quoted often in both mainstream and niche media.
FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES SERVED
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Online Community Management
- Social Media Development
- Instructional Design
- Public Speaker
- Online Research
- Innovative Thinking
- New Media Content Development
March 2008 – Present
SOCIAL MEDIA DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, GlobalEnglish, Brisbane, CA
While working remotely from Atlanta, I developed and implemented innovative strategies for web-based user procurement for the English learning community – EnglishCafe. I also acted as a community manager keeping our users engaged and converting them into evangelists for the EnglishCafe brand. My duties also extended to content creation and management, competitive intelligence and working with web developers in the design and usability of the web site. I also lead a team of marketing interns to perform various SEO and community engagement tasks.
During my tenure at EnglishCafe, my duties included but were not limited to the following:
- Planned and oversaw the organization’s promotion activities specifically linked to its web presence.
- Created, engaged and grew a thriving online community of over 50,000 English learners across multiple social networks (such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter) along with consistent interaction of 90,000+ members on the EnglishCafe website.
- Created and facilitated online contests for the purposes of retaining members and attracting new users to EnglishCafe.
- Experimented with various online web 2.0 tools, introduced them to the community, then gauged user reactions to make compelling arguments for new website functionality.
Content Creation and Management
- Produced 350+ blog posts that included original podcasts, videos and comics that I created.
- Produced several English lessons and how-to articles for the “Help Section” of the website.
- Produced 2 video series for English learners and a podcast series for English teachers and distributed them online and via iTunes.
- Managed content from internal thought leaders and community for placement on the homepage which changed twice daily.
- Prepared reports on online initiatives, including charts and graphs, and presented recommendations for action plans to management.
- Managed a blogger outreach campaign for the purposes of attracting teachers to participate on the EnglishCafe platform.
- Used a video series and contests to drive traffic to various landing pages in order to attract new users, increase community engagement and sell company products.
- Researched, analyzed, and monitored financial, technological, and demographic factors in order to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
- Monitored user sentiment on EnglishCafe and competitor websites in order to formulate best practices.
MAY 2005 – March 2008
TECHNICAL SOURCING CONSULTANT, Microsoft, Redmond, WA
While working remotely from Atlanta, I implemented a wide range of online resources, software, web enabled tools and innovative stratagems to source active and passive candidates. Initially my focus was on placed on identifying senior technical personnel for the Win Client and Mobile and Embedded Devices Groups then towards the end of my tenure, I pursued software developers all over the world for the International Recruiting Team.
- Conducted special projects in the field of Marketing, Competitive Intelligence, International Recruitment Research and Online Research Training.
- Consistent contributor to the Microsoft Technical Careers @ Microsoft blog which was awarded for “Best Group Blog” and “Best Job Seeker Blog” by Recruiting.com during my tenure.
- Created a series of articles called “Speak Geek” to spark internal creative problem-solving debates on current sourcing methods.
- Created and maintained an internal blog for communicating to my group the status of requested projects and industry-specific news and gossip.
- Contributed in the formation of a group SharePoint site designed for the sharing of intelligence.
- Created and maintained wikis that focused on the recruitment landscape of various countries.
- Presented several training sessions on innovative sourcing strategies domestically and overseas.
- Implemented Social Media stratagems (MySpace, YouTube, podcasts, and videos) to market opportunities to passive candidates and fill open positions that were historically difficult to close.
December 2004 – April 2005
SEARCHOLOGIST, Google, Mountain View, CA
Engaged in confidential strategic sourcing projects working remotely from Atlanta. Strong focus on recruiting experienced Software Engineers and developing a Talent Pipeline. Created internal blog of sourcing strategies for sharing techniques with team members. Contributed towards a recruitment video for attracting female software engineers.
March 2003 – November 2004
STRATEGIC STAFFING CONSULTANT, Siemens Energy & Automation, Alpharetta, GA
Hired as a contract employee within this startup division of consolidated recruitment services. Chief responsibility was sourcing personnel in the areas of Materials, Distribution, Engineering, Factory Automation and Logistics.
In regard to Strategic Staffing:
- Successfully sourced the internet for candidate sourcing and lead generation of referrals in support of diverse requisitions on a national basis.
- As a resource for future use, created a network of jobseeker groups nationwide.
- Leveraged online resources for competitive intelligence. For example, virtual maps of competitors’ operations were created for the purpose of targeting the best talent for certain geographic areas.
- Initiated and maintained a database of present and former employees of rival companies.
- Developed and utilized stratagems on how to generate targeted leads from current employees and gathered metrics to better qualify best practices.
August 1999 – December 2002
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/ LEAD RECRUITER, LANTA, Atlanta, GA
Hired as the 3rd employee in this startup organization that focused on staffing post and pre-IPO Internet companies in Atlanta. Generated net revenues for Lanta surpassing $700,000.00. Said number is representative of fees collected as a result of placing permanent, contract and contract to hire personnel.
As a Lead Recruiter:
- Developed and implemented processes and strategies to recruit qualified candidates for available positions, including candidate sourcing, evaluation and selection.
- Developed and implemented approaches for the sourcing of permanent and contract candidates, including outside agencies, internal database, commissioned databases, technical schools, internet resources and managed the relationship with candidate sources.
- Developed and implemented interview questions and approaches to better select candidates most qualified for applicable position.
- Facilitated the full life-cycle recruiting process from initial screening to negotiating and closing the salary requirement.
- Trained staff recruiters and interns on office policies and sourcing techniques.
- Developed, implemented and reported measurements as to recruiting process effectiveness and productivity.
- Suggested enhancements to company policies and procedures that would improve its overall recruiting methods, business development efforts and commission structures currently enacted.
In regard to Corporate Communications:
- Created and pitched sales language to management, which was subsequently adopted as the template for an electronic brochure; said material was then distributed to potential clients via email.
- Produced an electronic “shopping list” of top candidates and submitted them to clients; each candidate was presented anonymously with a brief description of their background and position sought.
- Created recruitment advertising copy and layout that promoted Lanta Technology Group as the recruiting agency of choice for startup companies.
In regard to Networking:
- Attended several networking functions, representing employer in New Office Open Houses, Association Meetings, After 5 Mixers and College sponsored programs.
- Served on panels, engaging public dialogue before College Alumnae and Students, detailing the pros and cons of working in the Internet Age.
- Coached Jobseeker groups on job hunting strategies, resume formatting and interview techniques.
In regard to Business Development:
- Generated new business while developing and managing existing accounts. This was achieved through engaging conversations at various functions, cold calling and interacting with existing contacts.
- Successfully wrote and promoted an e-book for the purpose of generating passive candidates.
May 1999 – July 1999
CONTRACT RECRUITER, The CRS Edge, Atlanta, GA
- First contract employee for this Internet Start-up Company.
- Sourced potential hires for various clients in addition to brainstorming innovative recruiting techniques.
- Team lead on developing Websites for clientele.
March 1997 – April 1999
INTERNET RESEARCHER, MCI, Atlanta, GA
Hired as contract employee and acquired a permanent position within a year. 2nd employee in this startup division that focused on Internet Research. Chief responsibility was sourcing technical personnel via the Internet. Initially screened candidates before presentation to recruiters, before switching to a source and select model of research. Electronic recruiting methods were proactive and reactive in measure, supporting recruiter requests in addition to finding potential candidates for future positions.
- Sourced 43 hires, in support of 30 recruiters.
- Internet Research accounted for 20% of all hires.
- “Best Of The Web” award for Jobs2Go, an online careersite.
- Created a Virtual Jobfair generating 125 applicants in one week.
- Created XMCI, an online forum for downsized employees that is still in operation today.
- Created and taught lunchtime classes on Internet basics for the purpose of personnel enhancement.
In regard to strategic initiatives:
- Assisted in the plotting of mass hires via Banner Advertising, Job Fairs, Media Placement and Online Promotion directed towards minority candidates.
- Monitored trends in electronic recruiting via multiple news feeds, online magazines and networking with recruiter associations.
- Maintained an Intranet webpage detailing online and offline resources pertinent to recruiting potential candidates; including but not limited to: Women and Minority Candidates, Upcoming Job Fairs, User Groups and Associations.
1985 – 1989
GA STATE UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, GA
Studied Film and Video with a minor in English.
* MITE – Minority Technology Entrepreneurs, Member
* AITA – Atlanta IT Alliance, Former Board Member
* SCIP – Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals
* Atlanta Media Bloggers (Local Blogging Community)
* Metro Atlanta Recruiting Channel (Local Recruiters Networking Group)
* SourceCon (Global conference dedicated to Recruitment Research strategies)
Additional information regarding Jim Stroud’s background as a Public Speaker, Blogger, Video Blogger, Podcaster, News Source, Co-Worker Testimonials and Award Citations can be reviewed online at: www.JimStroud.com