#4 | Identity theft is a global epidemic and its about to get worse because of proud, well-meaning parents. Find out what I mean in the latest episode of The Jim Stroud Podcast.
Links related to this podcast:
- Wikipedia – Identity theft is the deliberate use of someone else’s identity, usually as a method to gain a financial advantage or obtain credit and other benefits in the other person’s name, and perhaps to the other person’s disadvantage or loss.
- Facts + Statistics: Identity theft and cybercrime
- 2018 Identity Fraud: Fraud Enters a New Era of Complexity
- Digital footprint starts in the womb, Children’s Commissioner warns
- Why are people leaving social media in their millions? Because Facebook and Twitter make you sad
- The Biggest Internet Phenomenon Since The App Store: How Messaging Apps Are Changing Social Media
- Does quitting social media make you happier? Yes, say young people doing it
- STAYING OFF FACEBOOK CAN MAKE YOU HAPPIER, STUDY CLAIMS
- Dark social is activity web analytics can’t track, it’s people sending and sharing links privately through communications such as email and instant messaging.
- Protecting Children’s Privacy Online – A Guide for Parents, Carers and Educators
- Please support my Starbucks habit by dropping a tip in my virtual jar.
Special thanks to our sponsor:
About the podcast:
The Jim Stroud Podcast explores the future of life itself by examining emerging technology, the changing world of work, cultural trends and everything in between.
About the host:
Over the past decade, Jim Stroud has built an expertise in sourcing and recruiting strategy, public speaking, lead generation, video production, podcasting, online research, competitive intelligence, online community management and training. He has consulted for such companies as Microsoft, Google, MCI, Siemens, Bernard Hodes Group and a host of startup companies. During his tenure with Randstad Sourceright, he alleviated the recruitment headaches of their clients worldwide as their Global Head of Sourcing and Recruiting Strategy. His career highlights can be viewed on his website at www.JimStroud.com.