One sure way to get a jump on your job hunting competitors is to apply for work before the job description is even written. How does one do that? Simple. Look for news stories that feature companies that are planning to make massive hires! More than likely if a company is going to hire hundreds of people at a time, they are not going to post those hundreds of jobs on job boards at once (especially in this economy).
What then? Network with people who work at those companies and send in your resume ahead of time to Recruiters. In this way, you get to be among the first in line.
Food for thought, check out the news stories below:
100+ Jobs pending in Cary, North Carolina
- To support its new $500 million, 5-year strategic engagement with Merck & Co., IT-services firm HCL Americas will be adding at least 100 new positions at its services-delivery center in Cary, North Carolina.
500+ Jobs pending in Dallas, TX
- A Dallas-based company owned by Xerox will open a call center in Oklahoma City and hire 500 people. Affiliated Computer Services will open the call center in December.
20+ Jobs pending in Saginaw, MI
100+ Jobs pending in Orlando, FL
- Lockheed Martin Corp. wants to spend $2.4 million to renovate and equip a 64,000-square-foot industrial building in the city of West Melbourne and create 100 jobs.
240+ Jobs pending in VA
- Pulaski Co., VA – New jobs are coming to Pulaski County. Governor McDonnell has announced that Phoenex Packaging Operations is investing more than $20 million to open an operation in the county. The project will create more than 240 jobs.
Jobs pending in Costa Mesa, CA
- Costa Mesa CA, May 7, 2010 — UNITED ERRANDS EXPRESS is the world’s premier Open Online Market Place for 24/7 On Call Concierge Services and we are hiring.
80 Jobs pending in CA
600 Jobs pending in Ohio
- When fully staffed, the Clayton Distribution Center could employ up to 600 people, depending on market demand.
350 Jobs pending in Oregon
- Solar-module manufacturer SolarWorld has announced that it is adding about 350 jobs at its factory buildings in Hillsboro, Ore.
Jobs pending in Los Angeles, CA
500 Jobs pending in Louisianna
- The Louisiana Workforce Commission is currently taking applications for 500 new jobs being created for the oil spill clean-up.
200 Jobs pending in Michigan
- Diversified technology giant General Electric Co. (GE) Monday stated that it will create more than 1,300 new jobs in the state of Michigan over the next five years in technology, software, manufacturing and sourcing. This is an expansion from the company’s previous commitment of 1,100 new jobs in the state by 220 people.
100 Jobs pending in Ohio
- Silver Line Windows, an Andersen Company, is hiring at its Marion plant, a company spokeswoman said. The plant began hiring about April 1, when it had about 500 employees. The business now has 670 workers with hopes of hiring about 100 more, Maureen McDonough said.
100 Jobs pending in Puerto Rico
- Pioneer Hi-Bred, a DuPont business, is building a second research and development center in Puerto Rico that will create up to 100 new jobs on the island, which is home to a thriving agro-biotechnology cluster.
190 Jobs pending in Ohio
- Ohio Governor Ted Strickland today joined ConAgra Foods representatives and local officials to kick-off the company’s expansion at a ground-breaking ceremony at its Troy facility. The expansion is creating 190 jobs in Ohio.
850 Jobs pending in Lexington, KY
- Affiliated Computer Services is hiring 850 temporary workers for online document processing at its facility on Fortune Drive in Lexington, the company announced Tuesday.
In case you are wondering how I came up with this list, I did a search on Google News.
I searched Google News in the following way:
What the search means is that I am asking Google to search the title of news stories for the terms “Is hiring” or the term “New Jobs.” The results were the ones that I shared above. If I wanted to refine my searches a bit more so that I am looking at jobs in a certain area, I would add a city or state. For example… intitle:is.hiring | intitle:new.jobs ohio
If I wanted to refine it further, I could show news posted in the past hour, day, week, month, et cetera by clicking the links on the left side of the screen.
Oh! One thing I notice about this strategy is that timing is everything. Since these are news articles, some of these leads may be still listed whereas others might have expired and still others might be in the archives of a site and as such, a subscription might be required to see it. Just fyi…
If you found this type of info useful, let me know and I may do more. Just let me know…
Happy Job Hunting!
Follow me on Social Media: