I recently discovered a “Social Butterfly” opportunity online and thought that I would be a very compelling candidate. I am sharing it here for the benefit of recruiters and/or entrepreneurs who may be interested in discussing this type of role with me. I am also adding a reasonable business case why I should be considered as well.
# Social Butterfly Job Description
# Why you should hire me for the role
# My Resume and Career Highlights
# Social Butterfly (a.k.a. Social Media Marketing Manager)
[Company] is seeking a Social Butterfly, someone to yell from the rafters about what great things we are doing and bring a voice to what are customers are saying about us. Long gone from the cocoon, you’ll have the opportunity to serve as the hub of information for [Company], the ability to reach out and touch someone, and the invaluable role of providing feedback to the team across all functions – Marketing, Public Relations, Customer Support, Development and Technical Support. If we’re doing it, ante up because you’ll have a hand to play.
As our Social Butterfly, here’s some of what you’ll be doing…
You are our voice!
Like Ty Webb says to his protégé Danny Noonan, “Just be the ball, be the ball, be the ball,” as our advocate your primary role is to “just be the customer.” (Who wouldn’t want to work for a company that quotes Caddyshack in a job description?!) The only way to do so with any glimmer of success is if you’re a good listener, love monitoring what’s going on, and being active in understanding what people are saying in the “community.” You’ll also have to actually engage with users, responding to their requests and needs, or just through conversations, both privately and publicly. We need a social butterfly, not a wallflower!
You are our evangelist!
One thing we know is that trust is everything in this business. On the list of things to do, our evangelist will promote events, products and updates to [ Company]’s users through the best way you know how…your social media toolbox. As you’re part of the community, you have to develop and maintain a high degree of trust and support.
You are our communicator!
Working across [ Company], the Social Butterfly will have a role to play in determining, evolving and executing [ Company]’s communication strategy. Execution is huge! No social butterfly could thrive without being super-familiar with all the tools of trade. No need to mention them…you know what they are.
You are our sponge!
Our Social Butterfly loves feedback and figuring out how the rest of the team can use it to make [ Company] better. ‘Nuff said!
Who are you?!
Ever watched a butterfly in action? They don’t just flit around aimlessly. There’s method to the madness, for sure. As they go around the garden, gleaning a little nectar from each flower before moving on, they move with beauty and purpose. Our Social Butterfly is no different. You’re social. You’re a people person. You’re gregarious. You have grace and ease. Jeez…life wouldn’t be the same without you!
Still interested, but want more corporate speak?
Your accountabilities will include…
- Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests from [ Company]’s users and the web at large; monitor online conversations and participate in them to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Identify, analyze and escalate issues, patterns and trends in customer requests, as well as product and marketing performance.
- Identifying and facilitate user generated content.
- Author blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos and screencasts – whatever media you want to use – to creatively communicate product uses.
- Establish metrics and report on them on a regular basis, including recommendations.
- Identify and engage advocates.
- Creatively and proactively assist customers.
- Participate in professional networking by interacting with peers and influencers and attending events.
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using them, so that [ Company] can continue to be an early adopter.
Desired Skills & Experience
What you must have…
- You spend a lot of time online and stay up-do-date on new, fun things out there for web savvy users, as well as regular people.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You love to write and enjoy sharing your ideas with others.
- You are an independent, creative self-starter who loves running with things while keeping everyone inside and outside the company in the loop.
- You are net savvy – addicted to social networking sites and all things web.
- You love helping people and find it rewarding to solve their problems; then you love to proactively use that experience to make the whole service better.
- You have the ability to work cross functionally.
- You like working hard and thrive on the excitement of a goal-oriented team.
- You enjoy learning and are curious.
One more thing to push you over the top…
Your Social Butterfly (Social Media marketing) role is (in all modesty) the perfect role for me.
I love social media.
- I have used Social Media to develop large audiences (50,000+) across multiple platforms.
- My twitter blog was cited by Monster.com and Entrepreneur Magazine
- I have won multiple awards in connection to my blogging. (corporate and personal blogs)
I have produced several video web series (corporate and personal series).
I have produced several podcast series
- The Recruiters Lounge Podcast
- Jobseekers Revenge Podcast
- The EnglishCafe Business Podcast
I am comfortable being the “face” of a company
- Served as an evangelist and EmCee for SourceCon, a global conference for 3 years in a row.
- Served as an evangelist and leading personality at EnglishCafe during my tenure.
I understand video SEO
- Search Google for “resume social media manager” and you will see my videos on page one.
- Search Google for “Microsoft Canada Development Center” and see my videos on page one.
Furthermore, I have created comics, screenscasts and managed training and competitive intelligence projects for Fortune 500 companies. I am known for being an innovator and am very net savvy.
Your opportunity sounds VERY interesting. Can we talk?
# My Resume and Career Highlights