Why did free blacks in pre-civil war America own slaves? Was it purely for altruistic reasons? Tune in to find out.
DISCLAIMER: All views expressed in this video series are my own and do not represent the opinion of any entity whatsoever with which I have been, am now or will be affiliated.
If you appreciate my work, please show some support by buying me a cup of coffee. Thank you in advance.
- Top 10 Black Slaveowners – Listverse
- Black slave owners in the United States
- “Popular Science Monthly/Volume 81/November 1912/Negroes Who Owned Slaves”
- Did Black People Own Slaves?
- Slavery by the Numbers | Encyclopedia Virginia, The Blog
- “Dixie’s Censored Subject: Black Slave Owners”
- 100 Amazing Facts About the Negro: Henry Louis Gates Jr.
- Black Masters: A Free Family of Color in the Old South: Michael P. Johnson, James L. Roark
- Black Property Owners in the South, 1790-1915 (Blacks in the New World): Loren Schweninger
- Black Slave Owners Civil War Article by Robert M Grooms
- Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860
- 1830 Overview – History – U.S. Census Bureau