Amazon just patented a device that tracks their workers’ hands in order to nudge their hands back into a more productive direction. If you are surprised by that, you should not be. Why? Simply put, it is only one development in a long trend of how companies have collected and leveraged employee data for the past decade. Tune into this episode for the details. | If you like what you’ve seen, please support my work by buying me a cup of coffee.
Research related to this video:
- Amazon patents wristband that tracks warehouse workers’ movements
- Google’s Project Oxygen
- Microchip Implants for Employees? One Company Says Yes
- How Should Companies Handle Data From Employees’ Wearable Devices?
- Companies Are Putting Sensors On Employees To Track Their Every Move
- Nurse Tracking Devices: Whats Your Opinion?
- Competing on Talent Analytics
Will I see you at the SourceCon in Las Vegas? I hope so!