THE JIM STROUD PODCAST | Human Cloning: The Answer to Talent Scarcity
#2 | Earlier this year, something extraordinary was being reported in the news. For the first time in American history, there were more jobs than people out of work. To be specific, in June 2018, there were 6.7 million job openings but only just 6.4 million available workers to fill them; this according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employers have been complaining for years about the inability to find workers with the right training for the positions available. In the meantime, companies are adding other incentives to retain workers and pull new ones in. As the demand grows, workers have gotten more confident about leaving their current positions for better ones. So, what is HR to do? One solution might be… Human Cloning!
Links related to this podcast:
- Mouse Pups Have Two (Biological) Mommies | GEN
- Generation of Bimaternal and Bipaternal Mice from Hypomethylated Haploid ESCs with Imprinting Region Deletions
- Lab-grown BABIES? Scientists create human egg cells from blood in breakthrough
- Following Worker Revolt, Google to End Drone Technology Contract with Pentagon
- Leaks, petitions and tweets: How tech workers are starting to revolt
- Facebook Executive In 2016: “Maybe Someone Dies In A Terrorist Attack Coordinated On Our Tools”
- Daisuke Takakura art work on human cloning
- Support this podcast (please and thank you)
Special thanks to our sponsor:
About the podcast:
The Jim Stroud Podcast explores the future of life itself by examining emerging technology, the changing world of work, cultural trends and everything in between.
About the host:
Over the past decade, Jim Stroud has built an expertise in sourcing and recruiting strategy, public speaking, lead generation, video production, podcasting, online research, competitive intelligence, online community management and training. He has consulted for such companies as Microsoft, Google, MCI, Siemens, Bernard Hodes Group and a host of startup companies. During his tenure with Randstad Sourceright, he alleviated the recruitment headaches of their clients worldwide as their Global Head of Sourcing and Recruiting Strategy. His resume and career highlightscan be viewed on his website at www.JimStroud.com.
Subscribe now!Follow me on Social Media: