Facebook is allegedly preferring overseas workers over American workers in order to save money. True or not, it underscores a VERY, very long debate in HR. Tune in for a very controversial episode focusing on a debate that is more than a decade long.
Links cited from the original Recruiters Lounge podcast.
- The Project on Global Working Families
- How Your Business Can Support Family Involvement In Education — and Benefit
- 100 Top Companies and their plans
- No jobs for the new economy or the old
- Job shock: U.S. lost 17,000 in January
- Employment Drops in a Pink Slip Blizzard
- U.S. Economy: Payrolls Fall for First Time Since 2003
- Measuring Payroll Jobs, Unemployment
- RAW DATA: Payrolls Drop in January; Unemployment Rate Barely Falls
- Recession Watch: Is Your Job Safe?
- America’s Malaise
- Good Jobs Are Where the Money Is
- REAL EARNINGS IN DECEMBER 2007
- Daily Labor Report
- What a recession means for black America
- Long-term unemployment sign of economic weakness
- An available, qualified workforce is needed
- Racial harassment still infecting the workplace
- Slowing economy means a busy year for EEOC claims
- Blue-Collar Jobs Disappear, Taking Families’ Way of Life Along
- Life is harder now, some experts say
- Updated CBO data reveal unprecedented increase in inequality
- Making less than dad did
- Gen Xer’s: Are you better off than your parents?
- Is the American Dream Alive and Well?
- Middle Class and Homeless — Unlikely Families Face Foreclosure
- Black economic progress slowed