The woke cancel culture in society seeks to publicly shame or withdraw support from public figures because of unpopular opinions or offensive actions. In some cases, it might be appropriate to do so, yet increasingly it is a sign of mob culture that has gotten out of control.
What happens when cancel culture enters the workplace and people are fired because someone is triggered by an alleged woke vs racism comment or an opinion expressed decades ago? Worse yet, what if you are cancelled at work for trying to help a cause that both parties agree with? It may sound crazy but free speech is under attack and it is becoming more prevalent in the workspace.
In this episode of TribeTV, Jim Stroud – VP, Marketing explores the cancel culture invading corporate America and gives a somber warning to those enterprises who do not fight back against it.
- A Letter on Justice and Open Debate | Harper’s Magazine
- Boeing communications chief resigns over decades-old article on women in combat – Reuters
- The 1793 Project Unmasked
- Museum Curator Resigns After He Is Accused of Racism for Saying He Would Still Collect Art From White Men
- Adam M Smith at Chick Fil A drive thru
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers – Trailer