Someone shared this documentary with me and my mouth dropped to the floor. I could not believe how EASILY people could buy slaves through mobile apps. Check out this documentary and pass it on. When will the big tech giants stop this abomination?
BBC News Arabic’s undercover investigation exposes the people in Kuwait breaking local and international laws on modern slavery, including a woman offering a child for sale. At the centre of this powerful investigative film is Fatou, a 16 year old in Kuwait City who has been there for nine months. We follow her rescue and journey back home to Guinea, West Africa and ask: what’s being done to control the apps promoted on Google, Apple and Facebook-owned Instagram?
Links related to this video:
- National Human Trafficking Hotline > 1-888-373-7888
- Top 20 Human Trafficking Websites and Blogs To Follow in 2020
- Facebook, Google and Apple accused of enabling online slave markets: report
- Human Trafficking & Modern-day Slavery in Kuwait
- Investigation reveals online slave market via apps like Instagram
- Human traffickers are literally selling slaves on Instagram
- Online ‘slave markets’ use tech giants to sell maids in Kuwait
- Is there an online slave market in Kuwait? – TimesKuwait