In case you didn’t know, the crowdsourced review website – Yelp will now identify businesses accused of racism on its platform. This is a VERY bad idea. Why? I share three reasons.
- Yelp as the racism police is a bad idea because of the potential for abuse.
- Yelp as the racism police is a bad idea because of their own hypocrisy.
- Yelp as the racism police is a bad idea because of the potential loss of human life.
This episode is courtesy of Black History Quiz. Subscribe to the newsletter today.
- Yelp Will Now Identify Businesses Accused of Racism on Its Platform – YouTube
- New Consumer Alert on Yelp Takes Firm Stance Against Racism – Yelp
- Yelp flagging businesses accused of racism on its review platform | Fox News
- “Dog meat” search goes to Asian restaurants? – YouTube
- Section 230 – Wikipedia
- Inside Yelp’s Phoenix office: Insiders allege racism, sexism, partying – Business Insider
- Portland shooting victim was ‘hunted’ down and ‘executed,’ friend says
- CSC EXCLUSIVE! A First Hand Account Of The Fatal Shooting Of Aaron J. Danielson In Portland 8/29 – YouTube
- Patriot Prayer ‘supporter’ identified as Portland shooting victim
- Antifa begins compiling lists of businesses to add to Yelp’s ‘racism’ blacklist | The Post Millennial