NOTE: At some point, before bed, I read through 50+ news sources and share my findings here. If you like it, share it. If you don’t, share it. Follow my blog now to support my work or to find new reasons to complain about it. My opinions are my own. All tips are welcome. And if you have not already, help spread the message that people should be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.
Are you familiar with the expression, “go woke, go broke?” It is a variation of the term “get woke, go broke” which is defined by the Urban Dictionary this way:
Get Woke, Go Broke
Get Woke, Go Broke is a phrase coined by the internationally bestselling author John Ringo to express the opinion that when organizations “get woke” to politically correct actions, those same actions usually result in a massive loss of income.
There are a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of companies who have fallen into this trap and yet they proliferate ad nauseum. The latest example is CNN. This headline from Gateway Pundit speaks to it.
Rather than operate a news organization built on unbiased facts, the underlying accusation is that CNN engages in propaganda that bends to political correctness. The article goes on to cite that CNN lost 67% of its viewers along with MSNBC who lost 49% of its viewership since January. The article also cites how Fox News lost 12% of its viewers since January. (Although not explored, I imagine Fox’s loss was in relation to the #FoxIt controversy.)
The difference between the 3 networks cited is that Fox course corrected and stepped away from their Wokeness (at least, so far) and returned to their conservative roots with their news coverage. Such is what tends to happen over and over and will likely continue as companies bow to political pressure. To further illustrate my point, here are just a few examples of companies who bowed to the woke culture and as a result, went broke (so to speak).
- Go Woke, Go Broke: Sunday Night Football Ratings Crash by 17%
- Get Woke Go Broke: Dick’s Sporting Goods Loses Millions Over Anti-Gun Stance
- Go Woke, Go Broke? NBA Reportedly Facing Billions in Losses, Steep Decline in Player Salaries
- Get Woke, Go Broke: NBA Ratings Plunge Again – Down 13% From Last Year’s Disastrous Season
- GET WOKE, GO BROKE: Disney revenue PLUMMETS after woke corporate culture revealed – The Walt Disney company revealed that revenues are down more than $636 million in the second quarter of 2021 as compared to the first.
- Woke Disney Panics as Subscriptions Fall 6.6 MILLION Short of Projections
- Get Woke, Go Broke: Oscar TV Ratings PLUNGE – Down More Than 50% From Last Year – A RECORD LOW
- Twitter Loses $5 Billion in Market Value, Stock Tumbles After Banning Trump
- Get Woke, Go Broke: Gillette Loses BILLIONS After Sexist and Lecturing #MeToo Razor Ads
- Procter & Gamble Loses $5 Billion Dollars Following ‘Woke’ Gillette Ad Campaign
- Major U.S. Sports Leagues Lost over $14 Billion in 2020
- Nike reports unexpected loss as sales tumble 38%, shares fall
- A&E Went Woke and Now They’re Going Broke
- NETFLIX IS DONE. Loses 9 BILLION Days After Backlash From Releasing “CUTIES”. GET WOKE GO BROKE.
- Get Woke, Go Broke: BBC Starting to Lose Core Older Audience
- Woke-a-Cola: How to Destroy a World-Leading Brand in 60 Seconds
- Go Woke, Go Broke: New Poll Shows Hollywood’s Liberal Politics Are Alienating Viewers
So, the next time you see a company pushing a WOKE agenda and are discouraged by it. Just give it time, they will likely go broke (so to speak) and reverse course eventually. I’m more than confident of that because there are more people opposing WOKE ideology than are for it and the proof is in the rejection.
Are you listening to my podcast? Yes? No? Just asking.