The Things I Think About Podcast
#111 – The Secret Sauce to Educational Excellence: Freedom, Community and Service
One of the reasons why I love podcasting so much is because I get to talk with fascinating people. One of them being my guest – Hans Hageman. Today we talked about education. There are a lot of things wrong with the American public school systems these days. Its good to hear how at least one school is doing it right. The formula for educational excellence is easy to explain, its founded in freedom, community and service. So, why are the public school systems so resistant to proven success? Find out in this podcast for the answer to that and more.Talking points in this show.
- The fascinating background of Hans Hageman
- Specialization is a setup. Better to be a renaissance man.
- The Secret Sauce to Educational Excellence: Freedom, Community and Service
- Public schools seem resistant to what is obviously working well. Why?
- Mandates are making things worse. Please stop them.
- How not to burn students out. Tip #1, start later in the morning.
- Advancing failing students so their feelings won’t be hurt? How is that helping?
After the podcast:
- The secret to changing male student behavior
ABOUT MY GUEST
Hans is a social entrepreneur. He’s developed visionary solutions to improve education for children from Harlem to India. He grew up in Spanish Harlem, New York. His home was Exodus House, a pioneering residential drug treatment center started by his father. It was here that he learned about the importance of service to others and about redemption.Follow Hans Hageman online
FOLLOW JIM STROUD ONLINE
- Newsletter: https://sendfox.com/jimstroud
- Blog: https://blog.jimstroud.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jimstroudshow
- Rumble: https://rumble.com/user/jimstroud
- Gettr: jimstroud